The Role of Buyer’s Agent
In 1993, the state of Georgia introduced the “policy of agency.” Typically, the listing agent represents the seller and the buyer’s agent represents the buyer. Agents can elect to represent either seller or buyer. Agents have a choice! Buyers have a choice! The seller is paying the commission and it is paid to the brokerage of the listing agent. That brokerage, in turn, pays half of the received commission to the brokerage of the Buyer’s agent. The individual agent is then paid on whatever level has been agreed upon in their office contract.
Should the available property be listed by the office of the Buyer’s agent, the agents can elect to represent either seller or buyer. In such a case, the buyer can have another agent designated to work on their behalf.
Benefit to the Buyer:
- Total commitment to the Buyer
- Maximum effort on their behalf
- Exposure to the entire market
- Disclosure and loyalty
- Track record of successful negotiations
- Privacy for the Buyer
- Strongest possible protection of Buyer’s interests
- Mortgage financing
Buyers will save money because we will be fighting to safeguard your interest
Benefit to us as their agents:
- Buyer loyalty
- More qualified buyer
- Buyer educated to the marketplace
- Peace of mind, less conflict of interest
- Ability to offer more services
- Will the Buyer need to sign an agreement?
Now it is state law for the agent to have an agreement signed in the case of Buyer’s Agency. We will extend much effort, time, expertise, loyalty and education to be singularly informed on behalf of our buyers. If you should communicate with another REALTOR®, immediately disclose to them that Carol Bitner and Jarrett Martin are your buyer’s agents. As your buyer’s agents, we will not put you under pressure to buy.
First Time Home Buyers
Choose Carol To Buy Your Next Home
The best way to find your perfect home is to create a working relationship with knowledgeable agents who are available. We can offer you many services that will save you time and money in finding the right property . . .
We can provide access to properties on the market which include:
- Cooperating broker’s inventory
- Athens Area Foreclosure Inventory
- Properties in the Multiple Listing Service
- Unadvertised properties
- Properties without “for sale” signs
- Access to most For Sale By Owners
We will provide you with accurate property information, including:
- Comparable property values
- Association fees
- Public transportation
- Location of schools, churches, shopping centers and recreational facilities. A buyer’s guide information pack is available for out-of-town buyers.
We will answer your questions concerning:
- The purchase agreement and other forms (
- Loan application and processing (A list of items you will need for your loan application is attached. Also, a list of local lenders who I have found reliable)
- Settlement documents and procedures
- A list of Home Inspectors who have been in the business for a minimum of 5 years
Upon selection of property, We will…
- Write your offer for purchase
- Negotiate the best price and terms for you
- Be there with you through the home inspection process
- Inform you of all needed information to ensure a smooth closing
- After closing we will continue to be your family real estate consultant